ITE News Archives
- Alexis Hines, a math teacher at Beaufort Middle School and candidate for the ITE MEd in Teaching degree, is featured on WSAV TV for her innovative teaching that links the popular adolescent novel, The Hunger Games, to a math lesson on probability.
- Jason Yaman, 2002 graduate of M.T. in Secondary Education program, was selected for the Beveridge Family Teaching Award from the American Historical Association for his work at Blythewood Middle School.
- Ph.D. Language & Literacy candidate Tracy Bailey has been featured in the December 2011 edition of Grand Strand Magazine. Click here for the entire article.
- Current curriculum studies doctoral students, Ashley Holmes and Michaelyn Conley, recently renewed their National Board Certifications. Congratulations and keep up the great work! (More info available here.)
Teachers from the Center for Inquiry higlighed on WLTX news.
Please click here to view.
- Current curriculum studies doctoral student, Ashley Holmes recently renewed her National Board Certification in Early Adolescent Science. Ashley is a middle level science instructor in Beaufort County School District. Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!
- Current curriculum studies doctoral student, Michaelyn Conley recently received the notice of renewal for her National Board Certification. Michaelyn is a secondary mathematics instructor in Spartanburg District One. Congratulations and best wishes for another 10 years of excellence in teaching!
- The NSF has awarded a Noyce Grant to the USC Science and Mathematics Teacher Initiative. Click here for more details.
- Dr. Sandra Schmidt has been selected as the recipient of the 2011 Article of the Year award by the Queer Studies Special Interest Group of the AERA for her work entitled “Queering Social Studies: The Role of Social Studies in Normalizing Citizens and Sexuality for the Common Good.”
- Laman & Heid Literacy and Art Project Wins State Award. The award, which is given by the SC Education Oversight Committee, recognizes successful service–learning programs within post–secondary institutions focused on building reading skills among the state’s public school students. Read more!
- Ed Dickey, Ken Vogler, and MT student featured on WLTX-News. Click here to learn more.